The Field Alliance strives to promote and ensure human rights throughout all aspects of our programming. Most recently, we have focused efforts on the rights of children. Focus issues have included insistence on chemical-free school environments (reducing or ceasing spray of pesticides surrounding schools and using biological cleaning products within the school) as well as safe school lunches. Thai Education Foundation, TFA’s partner organization in Thailand, also recently consulted on drafting of the first national child protection act regarding corporal punishment of children.
In accordance with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of a Child, current programming goals are in direct response to nine indoctrinated articles including:
- Article 6 (Survival and Development)
- Article 12 (Respect for the Views of the Child)
- Article 13 (Freedom of Expression)
- Article 17 (Access to Information)
- Article 24 (Health)
- Article 27 (Adequate Standard of Living)
- Article 28 (Right to Education)
- Article 29 (Goals of Education)
- Article 31 (Leisure, Play, and Culture).